InstantForum.NET v3.4
Home
Login Register Member List
Old Forums - READ ONLY   » Lava Dome University   » Martial Arts   » THE BATTLE! (Sui vs Schnitzel)  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

THE BATTLE! (Sui vs Schnitzel)
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 4/23/2006

((nah, I'm going to be evil... my idea is simple... instead of a battle of strengths, magick, timing, ect. It's a simple battle of wits! *maniacal laughter, evil music and, ofcourse, lightning strikes* and I know that this is a half assed idea, so sue me... I like it))

Suika waited calmly for her opponent to arrive, she knew him well, knew his styles, but seemingly knew nothing about him.... her flowing kimono suddenly felt cold... could he actually beat her at her own game? was it possible? only time would tell... for now, she would continue sipping her green tea and await her challange...

((THIS IS JUST AN INTRO, once we get into the actual battle of wits, it's gonna be short posts... SHORT I TELL YOU! But anyways, lemme get back to rules and such))

RULES: pretty simple... we ask eachother riddles... NO CHEATING AND USING INTERNET! (we're gonna have to go by honor code here... I hope I can trust you that much...) and it's pretty simple... three riddles that you get wrong, you're done for... well make up the "after game" punishment/reward thing later when I get off my lazy ass and think of something...

EDIT: okay... I lied... its' too much fun making up this weird story...

------------------------------

Shikin Haramitsu Diakomiyo

Currently pissed about: Monothiesm

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 4/11/2006 6:05 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 12/11/2009

Austin approaches from the mist. At first sight, his face is quite grotesque - his green eyes cover almost half his face, and his nose and mouth are tiny. Sure, such proportions are typical in anime, but not here. He is a football-field away, so the two exchange mental messages as he approaches.

[Austin has entered MindLink
TM.]
[Suika has entered MindLink
TM.]
Austin: I've got the best knock-knock joke in the world.
Suika: Oh really?
Austin: Ya really. It will blow your mind. You start.
Suika (no pause): Knock-knock.
Austin: Who's there?
Suika: I'm a pile up.
Austin: (pause) You won't take me down that easily.

Now the two are three paces apart, and Suika severs the MindLink
TM with a scoff. She speaks: "I don't care how many aces you have up your sleeve, Austin, but I suggest you deal the cards before the wind picks up."

Austin stares impassively, for now he realizes he is at a major loss. You see, in the real world, or whatever passes for "real" here, Austin is a mute. Like many RPG heroes before him, he never really spoke during his time on his home world of Okage - his party tended to put words in his mouth. In fact, the degree to which he was overshadowed was a major plot point.

But he must try. He shuts his eyes. He clenches his teeth. He hyperventilates. Suika grows impatient, and pouts. "Speak, boy!" His lips feel like they are glued together. At the apex of his strength, he mumbles with the force of thunder:

"FYTHNKTHSSGNGTBSYYHDBTTRTHNKGN!"

Suika is stunned, but only for the briefest moment. Her naturally-enhanced analytical mind tells her that Austin's message is one that must be deciphered. But what code is it? She curses under her breath. If it's an obscure language, or even a common language combined with a simple code, she may have to take the first fall... (Comic Version Soon... Maybe)

--------------------------------

Dedicated to all those who stepped on this sacred ground (and its inhabitants), determined Da Dome "wasn't for them" and left without a word.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 4/13/2006 4:00 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Continuing to think hard on it she writes down the statement (asking for a repeat of it a few times over to make sure she had it right). There was something in there... she could tell... and every now and then she could hear a stiffled chuckle from the large eyed one... "shut up you little turd.. I'm going to solve this if it kills me..." then ofcourse she remembered who it was she was going against... ofcourse he'd say something to offend her lightly and shove it in her face that he was supirior...but oh... he was good at it too...

Suddenly a spark of inspiriation... duh... there was no vowels... after smacking her forhead for her stupidity, she quickly split each section up and came up with a semi-coherent sentence which read (and greatly annoyed her at the simplicity):

Fu You THiNK THiS iS GoiNG To Be eaSY You HaD BeTTeR THiNK aGaiN

She turned with a utterly pissed off look to her opponent and shoved the paper twards him " There... now put a cap on that ego... I'll be nice and give you an easy one to start off...

What has a bed but never sleeps,

Has a head but never weeps,

Has a mouth yet never talks,

Always runs, but never walks."

Grinning she sipped at her tea and offered him a cup and a seat. This was going to be a long and tediously easy crud... yet she kept hearing a familiar voice singing in her head

"Way back when I was just a little boy livin under the stairs of the house on the same street as Berry's Bake Shop, you know the place. Well, back then everything was fine, and life was juuuuuuust PEACHY! except for the undeniable fact that my mother would feed me a big ol' bowl of saurkrout every morning for breakfast... DAAAAA BIG BOWL OF SAURKRAUT!!..... EVERY SINGLE MORNING!!..." ahh.. Albaquerque... Weird Al...

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 4/13/2006 4:27 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Austin lip-synchs: "Close enough."

Whilst slurping his tea, Austin noticed something strange. Not the fact that Suika could sit on a boulder daintily and headbang at the same time. The fact that the tea suddently tasted like sauerkraut. Suppressing a retch, he spills his cup. The liquid makes a familiar pattern as it hits the ground. Thinking back to Suika's clues, he whips out his MP3 player. He covers up part of the logo and holds the tiny device three inches from her face. Tiny and embossed, the word RIVER is clearly shown.

While Suika glares, Austin readies the magnetic ions in the air for another MindLink
TM. Suika, still unfamiliar with talking to Austin without a screen between them, sees only something resembling the ancient art of "Hand Jive."

Austin: I'll see you, and raise you something more... worldly.
What has rivers but no water... cities but no buildings... and forests but no trees?

Dedicated to all those who stepped on this sacred ground (and its inhabitants), determined Da Dome "wasn't for them" and left without a word.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 4/13/2006 5:14 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Between the angry Children of Bodem music playing on her MP3, the annoying riddle that she had nearly absolutely no clue as to what in seven hells what it was, and the constant smirk of her opponent; Suika wasn't happy to say the least. " a desert? no... Mars? nah... God dammit... stupid riddle...." she muttered frantically searching her brain for the answer. Turn left here, turn right there, crap... dead end... stupid labarynth... why don't I just make it one big hallway of my mind instead of this deathtrap... she continued to think personifying herself in a daydream. When she came back to reality the noticed "Istanbull (not Constantinople)" playing on her MP3... "wait a.... A MAP! THAT'S IT! IT'S A FLIPPIN MAP!" she squealed excitedly, in which she fell promptly off the boulder banging her head on the rock and losing 10 life points because of it. "HA IN YOUR FACE SHORTMAN!"

Then reality hit... she needed one... She remembered a certain riddle that was near impossible to solve that a certain brother-like figure had tortured her with at a young age. The answer was so simple, but so hard, she had litterally smacked herself upon guessing correctly.

" I can do the broom dance, broom dance, broom dance. I can do the broom dance, can you?" she recited perfectly adding a little dance and tune with it.  Prancing around happily she noticed Austin shaking his head and chuckleing a bit. If he thought this was easy, he's dead wrong...

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 4/13/2006 5:39 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Austin wrinkles his brow. How can something so childish be so... complex?

broomdancebroomdancebroomdance...
ecnadmoorbecnadmoorbecnadmoorb...
walla walla walla walla washington!
Can't sleep, clowns will eat me... can't sleep, clowns will eat me...
One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity...
Dare to be stupid... dare to be stupid...

Suddenly, Austin raises a small wooden sign. In thick, black marker it reads: "No?"

Then he flips the sign over. "I may as well toss one your way to keep things moving."

Four young men sat down to play. They played all night till break of day.
They played for gold and not for fun, with seperate scores for everyone.
When they came to square accounts, they all made quite fair amounts.
Can you this paradox explain? If no one lost, how could all gain?

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 4/13/2006 6:18 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Suika couldn't speak... she merely stared at the sign with utter disbelief that he'd gotten it right... frozen there with one finger in the air (not the salute, just the pointer) her expression simply begging for an explination. "how the *** did you get that..." she mumbled finally finding her voice

After many moments of recooperation she finally sat down to the puzzle at hand... and scoffed "aww c'mon... they gained further friendship ofcourse." she sat back amused at the simplicity. Finally something easy from him... not chaotically evil.

Now it was to her to come up with a riddle... this time without help from the Hobbit or LOTR. Now it was time for her to be evil... she couldn't deny the jokes comming up like vomit from her throat: "HOW MANY BABIES DOES IT TAKE TO PAINT A WALL?" she screeched already giggling at the answer to herself.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 4/16/2006 12:45 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Austin stares in disbelief, but slowly relaxing, relieved. He hands the sign to a nearby anthropomorphic coyote, who promptly vanishes.

With a smirk, his thoughts lash out toward Suika like a whip. [You are incorrect. The gain is indeed monetary. Read the poem and try again. As to your puzzle...]

Austin gasps. (Could this be for real? Is this my punishment for doing so well so far? Or was the last puzzle just a ruse to let my guard down?) Under her glare... a flash of insight. A flash of darkness. And Austin's pure, innocent mind is shattered. He has only one option... SoulSwitch.

When the pillar of light recedes, a new figure stands in the orange-haired one's place. To Suika, it is a very familiar face.

Suika: "If you start yammering in Al Bhed, I'll whoop you into next week."
Austin: "One, if you throw it hard enough."
Suika: "...Damn."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 4/16/2006 7:41 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

A noise much like an angry hornet peirces the landscape a mystical little sign appears with three boxes under two names... Suika and Auistin S. but under Suika one of the large white boxes flashed a large red "x" and she cursed... she had gotten it wrong? HOW?! and after a few minutes of swearing at the riddle, she calmed down and read it again, thinking of how someone could win when there was nothing lost... then she realized that he had gotten her riddle right too... "GOD DAMMIT!" she screamed "I knew that dead baby jokes weren't going to cut it... grr..." she sat and thought about the riddle

Four young men sat down to play. They played all night till break of day.
They played for gold and not for fun, with seperate scores for everyone.
When they came to square accounts, they all made quite fair amounts.
Can you this paradox explain? If no one lost, how could all gain?

Continueing to mill it over in her head she stumbled on something... it never said they were playing against eachother.... AHA!

"THEY PLAY INSTRUMENTS AND ARE PAID EQUAL AMOUNTS!" she screeched happily jumping in the air only to land flat on her face... again... grunting, cursing, and getting steady she then saw ling-ling with his tail-machette. Now it was back to her to make up a new riddle... one that had never been heard before by the ears of man...

" You are walking along trying to find a village, you are lost and find a crossroads.. you do not know which way leads to the village, and which leads to a pit of infinate death and purgatory. Fortunately there are two twins, Moe and Joe. Joe always tells the truth, and Moe always lies. You don't know them apart, so you must ask them one, and only one question to figure out how to get to the village... what is that question?" Suika grinned... this one had taken her a couple months to get herself, so it was a best bet as any as to stumping the Schnitzel...

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 4/25/2006 5:00 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Austin-san pleased at drawing first blood, but knows he has wrong, eh, rong... rrr... LONG way to go.

Faced with two brothers. Yin and Yang. One of truth, one of deception. But who is who? Ahh... the symbol itself tells all. Yang holds a part of Yin, and within Yin is a piece of Yang!

"Herro, Joe... what you know? If I were to ask your brother which path went to town, what would he say?" Then, I take road opposite of what he say.

Whether Joe emulates his brother's lie, or fabricates his brother's truth, his answer will be the same! HA!

And now... I challenge you once more!

At the height of the Cold War, a U.S. racing car easily beat a Russian car in a two-car race. How did the Russian newspapers truthfully report this in order to make it look as though the Russian car had outdone the American car?

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 2 - 12 messages found Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »