InstantForum.NET v3.4
Home
Login Register Member List
Old Forums - READ ONLY   » Lava Dome University   » Music   » Video Game Musikas/Sounds/Etc.  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Video Game Musikas/Sounds/Etc.
Author

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Active: 7/21/2005

Been a while since I posted here. Figured I'd add something to something, since I don't do a whole lot else here.

Anyway, I'm sure most self-respecting furries are at least into video games a mere fraction of a fraction, so some helpful linkitys might aid some in their quest for soothing musiks, when not enjoying paws and such. :3

http://www.zophar.net : This is one of the main places you'll want to go if you prefer more of the old-school flair. 4-bit, 8-bit, 16-bit, some 32-bit, etc can be found here, as well as some players for each type of system. Most of the music files themselves (pre-32bit) are downloadable at no worrys on your part; so go crazy with them.

http://www.vgmusic.com/ : One of the largest MIDI collections of video game music anywhere. Over 19,000 separate files and more added every day. Not nearly as on-spot quality as most original works, but sometimes they're definately worth a listen. :3

http://bluelaguna.net/ : Laguna, you big beautiful bitch. THE place you want to go for more of the 'recent' OST's and OSV's; it includes some titles you may be aware of, some you may not. Overall, one of the best places to go if you're looking for a more mainstream title. X3

There are a few other places of note to go to, but the sites they cross into are more emulation based and thus, I doubt it would be in most peoples interest to post links there. ^^; From here, search on your own terms and happy hunting! :3

"If I survive the end of my life....."
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 7/22/2005 7:02 PM

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Active: 6/18/2018
Thanks for the links, Mr. L! 

-------------------------------
Dinosorceror, Administrator
Lava Dome Five Enterprises

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/21/2006 8:40 PM

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 2/3/2007
I'm just bumping left and right today, aren't I? ^_^

Well, it was *still* near the top of the forum, even if the last post before me was in 2005. And we're by FAR not M.com. ^_~

I tout OCRemix.

The songs they feature are all remixes, of course, and not the original songs. BUT - for almost every remix, they have a link to the original song in its native format. So you can listen to the songs straight from the game, or the talented musicians' takes on it!

They've also done several 'albums', among which are Donkey Kong Country, Kirby's Adventure, Sonic The Hedgehog 2, and Chrono Trigger. All of which I have, and happen to be listening to in one big playlist at the moment. With some Zelda thrown in. ^_^ (I called the playlist the 'Chronological Pink Fluffy Link to the Sonic Monkey')

So, yes. OCRemix. As far as genre, a lot of their mixes are Techno-esque, a few rock, there's a number of orchestral, jazz, and occasionally just something incredibly wacky. Like a one to two minute summation of the Legend of Zelda, by a group called 'The Rabbit Joint', that a bunch of people apparently mistook for a System of a Down song. ^_^

The force is strong with this one. Try it, try it, and you'll see!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/24/2006 2:43 PM
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 6/9/2007
Cool! I knew vgmusic was a good place....and good find too!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/25/2006 10:16 PM

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Active: 6/18/2018

Maybe at this point I should also mention the work of the C-64 Orchestra. 

-------------------------------
Dinosorceror, Administrator
Lava Dome Five Enterprises

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/26/2006 4:59 AM

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 2/3/2007
Akisame watches a google video of them, which also details the technical complications with the C-64 itself.

"Three channels? Sheesh. And they wrote it in assembly. Although I wonder if the musician meant assembly, or hex, or even binary. The first time I did any music programming, it was in QuickBASIC."

PLAY L2 D4 F A5 C4 E G B3- D4 F L1 A3

"At least, I think that's how it works. I'm not sure about the B-flat. I don't remember."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/26/2006 8:30 AM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 7/1/2007

As if I don't get enough time to play video games

Wii and PS3 comin' out in about 3 weeks, so excited

And while we're on the topic of music...www.mushroomhead.com--f***in' ROCKS!

"I am neither good, nor bad, neither angel nor devil, I am a man, I am a vampire."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 7 messages found
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »