InstantForum.NET v3.4
Home
Login Register Member List
Old Forums - READ ONLY   » Lava Dome University   » Music   » Survey for Joint Project  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Survey for Joint Project
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 3/22/2011
Okay, well, I've talked with a few people on Faibanx about this, and now I'm trying to figure out just how this would work.
Everyone knows that music is really sweet and stuff, but it doesn't seem like LD5 has much music collaboration going on, as it does in art and stories and stuff so much. Before we get started I'm wondering what all experience we have on the site, and who all would be interested in doing this (whether you're experienced or not, because it doesn't necessarily matter.)

Anway, I've been wondering how this might work so I'll throw out a few questions. Don't be afraid, and answer as many of them as you can. Here we go...

Firstly, are you interested in participating or at least in helping facilitate in some way? If not, are you for or against?

If any, what kind of music software do you have, or could you get?

What kind of genres do you like?

Can you sing or play an instrument?

...That oughta get us started, provided that enough people reply. Post any other information you think would help, or any talents you feel you have in particular, like the ability to write lyrics, specific musical preferences, etc. Also, post any questions you have thus far. If you don't have access to any software or whatever that's fine. I just really want to know if you're interested.

Oh, yeah, and of course, my own results from the questions:

1. Yes.

2. ACID 5.0 pro + a crap load of software synthesizers

3. Industrial, metal, alternative, some jazz, IDM, minimal, noise, no-wave, trance, illbient

4. Can sing, can play trumpet.

Something more important than Patch's sentiments: SAVE the goddamned INTERNET!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 1/31/2006 12:11 AM

Forum Moderator
Supreme Being

Active: 4/16/2008
Diablo can sing!
http://herpy.beoch.net/gallery/details.php?image_id=267&sid=b82fcad751793c10c281870e550b9155

Apart from that... let me (and hopefully others first) think about it.

-------------------------------
Blue anthroraptor, Iconeer
Resident anthrosaur

(Linking the Faibanx muck map here hoping that helps google find it properly: http://download.lavadomefive.com/members/blue/map/main.html )
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 2/2/2006 9:19 AM

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Active: 6/18/2018
I'm up for helping out...

-------------------------------
Dinosorceror, Administrator
Lava Dome Five Enterprises

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 2/5/2006 11:16 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 2/9/2007
sweet! collaboration!

1. ABSOLUTELY
2. Fruity Loops (yeah, I know it's not the best. But it's what one DOES with it ;p)
3. Industrial, Analog Synth Space Music, Synth-Punk, Dream-pop, Trance, Glitch, House/Electro, Experimental.
4. Not very good with vocals (I probably shouldn't do them, all I can do is breathy monotone stuff). Percussion sampling. Synth Programming and arranging. Beat-making (or beat-boxing)

I have a few sites with stuff here's one:
Here
(my best ones are Yargen, Tragedies & Trajectories and SpaceDrive under that name)
And
Here too ('Ferrosaur' is a good example of what I mean by "breathy monotone singing", in all the other ones my singing is pretty bleh.)

MY WEBSITE

"There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in it's potentialities, so absolutely terifying, that even man, the fighter, who would dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appaled, and so abandon war forever."
- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 2/10/2006 9:20 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Hakko -- I like what I hear. Perhaps we should get this show rolling pretty soon, and others can jump in if they want. I really like your use of delay in your music. Strong lead synth = really good.

Blue -- I'm ready when you are. Also, you should do me a favor and poke Diablo on over here for me.

Dino -- Of course you're willing to help, that's why you're Dino.

If any of you lurkers are wanting to join in, now would be the time to speak up about the survey, but I suppose I can't stop you if you're going to be tentative, so enough on that.

I definitely lean towards the darker side of technoand music in general. I can be happy, but most of the time and too pessimistic to accept the world as it is. Almost all of my lyrics have a lot of sarcasm, spite, or hatred to them, which is why I'm a fan of industrial... anyway, I'll post a sample soon.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 2/11/2006 4:11 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Wow, and I was worried that this thread might die (like all Music threads seem to do very quickly on this forum :p)

I can't wait to hear your samples!

BTW, when are you on faibanx? I usually show up at random times, although usually they tend to be after 8pm MST on weekdays. (7:00 pst, 9:00 cst, 10:00 est)
I'm usually off by 1:00 am (MST) though.

MY WEBSITE

"There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in it's potentialities, so absolutely terifying, that even man, the fighter, who would dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appaled, and so abandon war forever."
- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 2/15/2006 7:46 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Ok, this thread is NOT going to die this easily.
*bump*

MY WEBSITE

- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 2/16/2006 7:51 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Sorry for the delay... I think by about evening on Saturday I should be able to finish the thing I'm working on and put it up here.

I don't get on Faibanx regularly, but if I'm on, it'll usually be on weekends, between 23:00 and 3:00 EST.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 2/18/2006 9:33 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

It's finished but I'm getting the 'document contains no data' error when I try and upload... *looks at Dino*

How's about a link to the file?

http://esnips.com/web/PatchsMusic

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 2/19/2006 2:31 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Okay ^^

See post above for link in MP3 and OGG forms.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 4 - 31 messages found Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »