InstantForum.NET v3.4
Home
Login Register Member List
Old Forums - READ ONLY   » Lava Dome University   » Music   » Survey for Joint Project  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Survey for Joint Project
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 12/11/2009
Schweet sample, Hako, but I don't hear much room to cram lyrics in, even with dynamics. Maybe I gotta hear it a couple more times. Were you thinking of lines that connected or made sense overall? I think I've heard of some songs becoming somewhat popular even though it had the same three-to-five phrases repeated and such.

Lyrical preference? No screaming, no swearing. That's about it on my end. I can hold a note for a good fifteen seconds, and once I learn to play whatever written notes you hand to me on my keyboard, singing it in tune is a snap. Just one question: vibrato or no vibrato?

As for time commitments... I gotta spend a coupla hours each day on a Psychology project... maybe some volunteer work... maybe some job hunting... I've got a list chock-full of little things, but I can work this in easily. At the very least I can swing by here every few hours or so, just to check for updates.

--------------------------------

Dedicated to all those who stepped on this sacred ground (and its inhabitants), determined Da Dome "wasn't for them" and left without a word.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 2/25/2006 12:55 AM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 2/9/2007
Well, I agree, as is, it isn't a sample that is all that conducive to having lyrics. It wasn't really intentional, because like everything like this I do, it literally just *happens*. BUT, given the structure of the song, and how I'm wanting to slow it down a bit, adding lyrics to it can be done. Perhaps the way M83 integrates their lyrics into some of their songs. Since their songs feel very "tighly-packed" in the same way.

I'm not sure if you've heard of M83 before (they are a tad obscure) and I imagine this doesn't really make sense unless you've heard them. I don't have any of their music up on a site, but they do have an official site and I'm sure somewhere on there they have samples (it is a flash-based site). There are some specific tracks which demonstrate what I'm talking about: "Don't Save us from the Flames" and "Teen Angst" are great examples.

BTW, I'm not really into the screaming and (excessive) swearing thing. As it really doesn't seem to work with what I do anyway :p

MY WEBSITE

"There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in it's potentialities, so absolutely terifying, that even man, the fighter, who would dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appaled, and so abandon war forever."
- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 2/28/2006 5:20 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Ok, I'm working on a house (or happy hardcore maybe?) song that's 165 bpm and I'm making a very conscious effort to leave room for easy-insertion of lyrics. (It's based on the pop-formula (Intro-Verse-Bridge-Verse-Bridge2-Chorus-Break-Verse-Bridge-Chorus-[insert musical term]-Instrumental thing-Chorus till end.)
As I learned it, at least, so there will plenty room for lyrics.

BTW, I think it's in a key of E (major?) I'm not sure though. And it runs at 165 bpm, which is very fast (but you need not worry about using fast lyrics. It's just fast for percussion and beat purposes). In fact, what would be awesome is fast instrumentals that occasionally soften down and yield to more subtle vocals and then ramp up with some kind of smooth choir pad to balance the frenzied-ness of the arps... ok now I'm getting technical. You get the idea.

I'll post up a sample as soon as it's ready.

MY WEBSITE

"There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in it's potentialities, so absolutely terifying, that even man, the fighter, who would dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appaled, and so abandon war forever."
- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 3/1/2006 2:09 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 3/22/2011
My DSL is being messed up right now and I'm not sure why. I'll eventually get it back, I know, but I'm not sure when. I'll keep you posted.

Something more important than Patch's sentiments: SAVE the goddamned INTERNET!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 3/21/2006 4:59 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

'Finally got it sorted out and now I'm back up and soooo happy because of it.^^

And you thought that was the curtain for this endevour didn't you?
Nope.
This mule doesn't give up that easily.

Anyway, I'm working on a new song that I wrote... I'm thinkin' that it's gonna be one chapter in a series called Adventures in Space. It'll be a good time.

Hako- I'm interested to see what you come up with. I'm not really into the whole 'key signature' thing... but I guess it's good to know. Otherwise, I'll see what I think of when I hear it.

I'm personally pretty lacking in the music theory department... I can read music and write it, but I don't frankly give a shit what a pentatonic scale is or how I'm supposed to build augmented chords. I'm always aversive to using a formula... I'm full-on trial-and-error.

I'll see if I can't get something up here soon.

Summary:

• Patch's connection is back
  • He's working on some stuff
  • He doesn't believe in classical composing technique

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 3/29/2006 5:44 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 12/11/2009
Just wondering how things are going so far. It's been a week... Music theory is definitely not my "thing" but if you can give me lyrics and a tune, I'll put 'em together for ya lickety-split.

--------------------------------

Dedicated to all those who stepped on this sacred ground (and its inhabitants), determined Da Dome "wasn't for them" and left without a word.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 3/30/2006 9:47 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Well, I just got a new version of FL, and I'm learning how to use it's actually halfway-decent fake guitar (which ACTUALLY sounds almost like an actual electric guitar through a million freaking filters).

But... Did I hear space? I can do space. Space... is my specialty :p

Plus spacey, cascading analog synths are fun and easy for me to make sound pretty. I'll see what I can do, and I'll post it up:

BTW, I took only one class in high school on music theory and I don't remember any of it. Except for a few things which I don't even know why I do (but they work). That and some basic stuff.

MY WEBSITE

- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 4/2/2006 2:08 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Okay! Despite the horrible plague of daylight savings time, I managed to get this done (and by "done" I mean started, like, so you guys can work on it, and stuff.)

I have already put one vocal line in here, but it's really short, and the rest is up to you. It's two minutes and 22 seconds long right now, and if you guys want to make it longer, that's cool. Go ahead and go to this URL:

http://esnips.com/web/PatchsMusic

And click on whichever version of "Go" that you want.

If either of you need any individual files from the song I'll be happy to get them to you.

Tell me your plans.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 4/11/2006 8:39 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

I'm gonna so totally plop a layer of 8-bit SID-ish synths on that, and see if I can work in some guitar drones or something to get a whole "electro-thrash" thing going. I see some potential for with the beats you're using.

Give me a while. I just recently finished something fairly light, somebody mentioned "space" earlier (it was probably you), so I finally got around to pulling this spaceyish thing together a little while ago. Once again, probably not conducive to much other than sample-insertion.

MY WEBSITE

- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 5/5/2006 9:24 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Okay, Hako, I think it's about time that I said -asdfihlvanevatvshukdfnhvjaslkvnhfvsanhlvfdnhsasdlkj!!!!!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 3 of 4 - 31 messages found « First Page Prev Page Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »