InstantForum.NET v3.4
Home
Login Register Member List
Old Forums - READ ONLY   » Projects   » Dinosaucers DVD's   » Kreldon's episodes arrived  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Kreldon's episodes arrived
Author

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Group: Forum Members
Active: 5/17/2007
Kreldon was so gracious as to send me all the episodes he had and I have to pick them up from the post office, but once I do I will begin work on restoring and getting them onto DVD's for the group

Its about 1/2 the series, and ultimately with these and what Dinosorceror has it should be the complete series without question if Dinosorceror did not have the complete show already

I will post screencaps of the restored work as soon as I get the first disc done

markatisu, member since 12/04

Hobbies: Video Restoration and Cartoon Watching

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/10/2005 7:52 PM

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Active: 6/18/2018
That's great news!  Having so many sources is wonderful.  If we combine them all, it forms the MegaForceTM, which as we all know will rule the galaxy.

-------------------------------
Dinosorceror, Administrator
Lava Dome Five Enterprises

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/14/2005 8:39 AM

Active: 11/14/2005
Yayers!  I downloaded the episodes off the bit torrent site.  Most excellent episodes indeed.Glory Lasts Forever
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/14/2005 7:42 PM

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

You mean just the raw data I had put up?  Geez, if you think those were nice, wait until you see how they look like after they've been remastered! 

But, by the way, I have all of Dragoniade's episodes up on the BitTorrent site now, if anyone wants to nab 'em.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/19/2005 9:42 AM

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

OK these are no mastering whatsoever, these are straight from Kreldons DV files into Final Cut Pro 4.1 and mastered into MPEG2 on the Mac, the only issues they have at the moment are:

-Noise from TV reception, due to antenna reception, cable, etc
-Some slight tracking errors from VHS tapes

The sound is excellent, I have removed any hiss there was an increased the volume 20% and it sounds beautiful and clear.

The video I am debating what to do, I can run numerous filters but the downside is that it might have a more blurry look, its a trade off for taking out the noise in the pic so I have not decided if I in fact want to do it. It all depends on how anal retentive you are and what your expectations are, doing what I do, the most annoying thing is that everyone "expects" it to look as if it was record in 2005 off satellite and sometimes no matter what you do it just wont be that way, these are 15-20 years old

Overall I would grade these as a B+ in most peoples scales, point blank its exactly how it aired, some of my hardware could have fixed the issues at VHS level but that is neither here nor there since Kreldon was so gracious to go through all the work of digitizing them and providing them to me, I could not ask for better quality for this rare series

Each episode is around 500mb after Compressor does its magic and that includes the AC3 digital sound and MPG2 video file so I anticipate 6-7 episodes per DVD, I am finishing the 1st test DVD tonight. When I am done I will send a full set of these to both Kreldon and Dinosorcerer.

These episodes are great and should bring back some nice memories to old fans and new fans, I look forward to finishing it up and getting it out to those who want to see the show

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/20/2005 2:30 PM

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

OK tested the restoration and it turned out really nicely

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/20/2005 11:24 PM

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

That's excellent work!    That's what I wanna tinker with next with the tools available to me...take some footage and see what I can do to restore it as well.  Just sitting there digitizing tapes can get dull, so I wanna actually do some work for a change. 

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/22/2005 4:42 AM

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

OK the first disc is mastered (I decided to start on what will be Disc 3) and ready to be sent out, here are some more shots from the remastering I did as well as a shot of the menu

And the Menu

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/27/2005 12:57 PM

Active: 6/10/2007
*picks up jaw from floor*

Wow! That is absolutely fantastic. I dunno how you do it, but you do it well! I only wish I had more episodes to send over.

I will definitely be looking forward to seeing the finished product. Keep up the good work!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/27/2005 5:56 PM

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Holy crap!  That really is exceptional work!    I can't wait to see the DVD's!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 5 - 42 messages found Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »