InstantForum.NET v3.4
Home
Login Register Member List
Old Forums - READ ONLY   » Projects   » Faibanx 3D   » Time for changes!  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Time for changes!
Author

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Members
Active: 6/18/2018

Well, those present at yesterday's SSD meeting were there when I discussed changing the shift of the focus of the project, hopefully for the better. 

First of all, I want to change it from a game to a roleplay simulation.  I got to thinking, the whole reason I was making SSD was to make a computer game that's exclusively for spooging to, instead of us usually hunting for spoogie moments from commercial games that happen to have macro stuff.  And then I thought...why the hell even have a game at all?    Much like that SexyBeach 2 I had pirated a year or more ago, I thought, "Who the hell wants to play stupid little games?  People want to masturbate to this stuff, dammit, stupid games and puzzles just get in the goddamned way!  Just gimme the damn pr0n!"*

So from hereon in, the project won't be about gaming at all.  No points, no goal.  It will simply be a 3D realtime macro roleplay simulator.  This means it will have text as well as graphical components, and you'll be able to do stuff solo with an AI partner/partners or do stuff realtime over the net, and be able to log such sessions.  So think Faibanx MUCK, only with a realtime 3D view of what's going on, with text filling in the ambience gaps.

The next thing that I at least decided is that I'm sick of the SSD name.  One, I'm sick of people thinking it's some gay Dance Dance Revolution with claws instead of arrows.  Second, see number one.    So I'm open to suggestions for a name change for the project.  SimMacro might be a suitable pun, but I know there's something more funny and/or appropriate out there.  So let's have some ideas!

*And also much like how the stupid missions in the GTA games keep you from going around and killing people

-------------------------------
Dinosorceror, Administrator
Lava Dome Five Enterprises

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 7/6/2005 1:02 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 12/10/2007
Hey sounds great Dino, i was at the meeting but didnt pay attention on the last half hour Soo...for a name how about somthing that mixes with reptiles and the name faibanx, realreptilebanx? Might not sound catchy but its all i have, Id sure like to try this new roleplaying by the end of the year.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 7/6/2005 9:42 PM

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Active: 6/18/2018
I think you might be on the right track with the Faibanx name.  Maybe Final Faibanx?    Of course, it would be nice if the name was punny as well as LD5 related.

-------------------------------
Dinosorceror, Administrator
Lava Dome Five Enterprises

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 7/7/2005 8:50 AM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 12/11/2009
"I think you might be on the right track with the Faibanx name. Maybe Final Faibanx?"

Don't even KID about that. If you finish this before I finish my game, I'll never forgive you! Of course, everyone else will practically worship you.

"So think Faibanx MUCK, only with a realtime 3D view of what's going on, with text filling in the ambience gaps."

So call it Faibanx3D. Once again, everyone's happy except me.

--------------------------------

Dedicated to all those who stepped on this sacred ground (and its inhabitants), determined Da Dome "wasn't for them" and left without a word.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 7/12/2005 11:49 AM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 12/10/2007
I like the name Final Faibanx, But as for it being the "final" faibanx then that might not be good, but im sure it isnt right?...right?
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 5 messages found
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »