InstantForum.NET v3.4
Home
Login Register Member List
Old Forums - READ ONLY   » Meaty Macro Goodness   » Faibanx MUCK   » Faibanx map  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Faibanx map
Author

Forum Moderator
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 4/16/2008
Well, as the few who regularily visit Faibanx muck AND the forum or mailing list or LD5 page may already have noticed, the infamous map, although still far from completion, finally features most of its planned functionality.
First of all map squres are now clickable to show up info on the location, but there is no info for most of the places yet. So if you like to describe a (non-public) place you created or frequently use that is mapped with a few lines (like on the old map) to be displayed when it is clicked on the map, bring it on.

I'd gladly appreciate any comments or criticism on what is already up as well.
And before anyone asks where it is: It is linked on the Faibanx muck page of course, to here:

http://download.lavadomefive.com/members/blue/map/main.html

Thank yous.

-------------------------------
Blue anthroraptor, Iconeer
Resident anthrosaur

(Linking the Faibanx muck map here hoping that helps google find it properly: http://download.lavadomefive.com/members/blue/map/main.html )
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 7/3/2004 7:31 AM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 3/29/2008
The map looks just great Blue ! So.....detailed  !! I really apprecciate your work !

Still alive.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 7/4/2004 11:55 PM

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Active: 6/18/2018
Hear hear!    That interactive map is the best thing to come along since the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! 

Dinosorceror, Administrator
Lava Dome Five Enterprises

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 7/21/2004 10:10 AM

Forum Moderator
Supreme Being

Although the pictures of most places are still far from finished and large areas of the map are only sketched, it has (most probably ) reached its final size now and the database contains all accessable locations of interest, including all obviously linked homes now. Some places already have descriptions while most lack them yet though.
So if you have or know a place in Faibanx i'd be glad if you look it up and tell me if you think it looks wrong or want to change or add the description displayed for your home.
Any kind of feedback is welcome! FEETback is also welcome, i'll pass that on to Dino.

Resident anthrosaur

(Linking the Faibanx muck map here hoping that helps google find it properly: http://download.lavadomefive.com/members/blue/map/main.html )
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 7/23/2004 9:02 AM

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

*prepares drool bucket again*

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/6/2004 2:11 PM

Forum Moderator
Supreme Being

I did a somewhat bigger update today. Although many is still only sketched the new places in the north are on it, and i even did a little work on the actual map pic again. Most of the functions or features that i had originally planned or envsioned once are operating now, and thus it is finally nearing Version 1.0
So since most of the work now will be actually mapping instead of coding, i now could use comments or suggestions. See and critisize what your place looks like, if it is linked, or ask me if you want your place linked and mapped.

Resident anthrosaur

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/6/2004 5:47 PM
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 9/4/2007
good job blue!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/10/2004 9:47 PM

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

The way it doesn't have a long reload when you change the overlay is really nice, too. This is some really fine work, Blue!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/11/2004 2:41 AM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 2/5/2012
Thank you a ton Blue for adding Pandemonium Island to you stylish map. I really appreciate it.

------------

Come to where the flavour is: Ahastar's Page

Religion is a Delusion

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/11/2004 11:43 PM

Forum Moderator
Supreme Being

Blue bows.
An honor to me, Ahastar. But you may thank me once i replaced that sketch with a decent pic of it, if you like.

Some things on its functionality were a little tricky Dino, yes. I am rather fond of how it turned out so far though, i only find it loads far too slow still, but i guess that is either a problem of my system or its a server issue that cannot be helped.

Still, i am gld i can contribut to this beautiful place some way.

Resident anthrosaur

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 6 - 56 messages found Next Page Last Page »
Next Newest »