InstantForum.NET v3.4
Home
Login Register Member List
Old Forums - READ ONLY   » Lava Dome University   » Nutrition and You and Eating More   » The Quest for the Fattest Food  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

The Quest for the Fattest Food
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 12/11/2009
Admit it. It's not pleasant looking at the big gap here where a board should be.
Methinks it's about time I livened it up a little.

Here's something to ponder: What are the World's Fattest Foods? What kind of meat, bread or snack has such high fat content you'd swear that gram for gram, fat outnumbered serving weight?

So I did some random Googling, and got very little. People tended to use the term "fattiest foods" in a very casual manner, not as part of a scientific comparison. So I thought, what about an ordinary fast food item zilla-fied? Enter the Big Book o' World Records.

"On September 5th, 1999, Loran Green and Friends Of Hi Line Promotions made a burger of pure Montana beef weighing 2,740 kg (6,040 lb) and measuring 7.32 m (24 ft) in diameter."

Good to know, but how does that compare to a standard sized burger? A quick scan of the McDonald's Nutrition Chart showed a Big Mac weighing in at just under 8 ounces, or half a pound. Some quick math... and the World Record Burger is equivalent to 12,080 Big Macs.

So! If a Big Mac has 600 calories and 33 total fat grams, then the Zilla-Burger weighs in at 7,248,000 calories and 398,640 fat grams! The rest of the stats can be found HERE.

If you know of a food that might beat the Zilla-Burger if one was made just as large, say it here!

--------------------------------

Dedicated to all those who stepped on this sacred ground (and its inhabitants), determined Da Dome "wasn't for them" and left without a word.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 2/26/2006 7:03 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 12/10/2007
Burger King has a breakfest sandwitch that has a bunch of eggs, ham and cheese on it. I think it has over a thousand calories. Its huge and another reason why im staying away from it
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 4/17/2006 4:18 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 3/22/2011
That super-extra large pizza comes to mind... I've seen a few adverts for it recently, and I was wondering whether you could order one of those with stuffed crust (no Dino, not Kruft)... I think that would probably top most foods for fattiness, then again does the old Crisco count? That was essentially made of super-saturated fat already, so I think that that would count as death-inducingly rich too.

Something more important than Patch's sentiments: SAVE the goddamned INTERNET!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 5/8/2006 1:16 PM
Forum Member
Forum Member

Active: 12/27/2007

I don't know, but I reckon

http://www.pimpmysnack.com/gallery.php

is a great place to start.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 5/8/2006 2:38 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 2/9/2007
Quishe

Quishe is basically a 'fat pie'. Think about it: it is a pie where the filling is egg, cheese, cream. You make it with goats milk (fattier than cow's milk) and you actually might be able to lighten the thing up if you got the filling from a liposuction-clinic dumpster instead of real foods. :p.

Plus it's just nasty.

MY WEBSITE

"There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in it's potentialities, so absolutely terifying, that even man, the fighter, who would dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appaled, and so abandon war forever."
- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 5 messages found