InstantForum.NET v3.4
Home
Login Register Member List
Old Forums - READ ONLY   » Lava Dome University   » Physics   » Those magnificent saurs and th...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Those magnificent saurs and ther flyin' machines!
Author

Group: Forum Members
Active: 4/2/2006

I do like my aircraft it must be said, my favorite tech level is probably WW2. Mind you the idea of flying an open ****pit biplane with twin Vickers guns at your claw tips has a certain charm too!

As a dragon I have the natural benefit of being able to fly anyway, but flying machines are still useful to a dragon, for the same reasons a car is to a human.

1) I am inherently somewhat lazy!

2) Modern aircraft are somewhat faster than I am.

3) they can carry more cargo than me.

Now I'd love to have a discussion of aircraft with anyone who's interested.  Airships are a big favorite of mine. I actually designed a medieval tech dragon airship once. The ratchet rowing propeller system is something I am deeply proud of.

So if anyone else is interested let me know, I have a wide knowledge of obscure, and probably useless information on aviation history and design. (Ever wonder what a Sesquiplane is?)

Bronzewing; Biggles dragon

"It thinks we're either a threat, food or a mate - it's gonna either kill us, eat us or hump us."
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 7/23/2004 9:36 AM

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Active: 6/18/2018
I've never even heard of a sesquiplane...

-------------------------------
Dinosorceror, Administrator
Lava Dome Five Enterprises

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 7/24/2004 5:47 AM

Active: 4/2/2006

A sesquiplane is a form of biplane where one pair of wings, usually the lower, is substantially smaller in area than the other (50% of the area or less)

The German albatross D series scouts of WW1 are good examples of the type. The lower wings are about the same span but the width of the wing from leading to trailing edge is much narrower on the lower wing.

Bronzewing; Aviation enthusiast

"It thinks we're either a threat, food or a mate - it's gonna either kill us, eat us or hump us."
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 8/9/2004 5:55 AM
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 9/4/2007
Sounds cool!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 4 messages found
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »